How to tag a friend in WhatsApp group chat
Not quite long WhatsApp added the bold, italic and strikethrough feature to the app. Now in the new update of the app, another feature has also been added. This feature allows you to tag a friend to a conversation in any group that you belong to.
The tag function alerts the person who has been tagged to a conversation in a group, and also a personal message will be sent to that person letting him or her to know that someone has mentioned his or her name in a particular post on a group chat.
To know how to tag someone to a post in a group chat follow the steps below:
- Make sure you are using the latest WhatsApp on your phone. If the app is not updated make sure to update it.
- Navigate to any group you belong to on WhatsApp and type “@”
- A list of your friends in the group will pop up for you to select who you want to tag.
- Now type your message and click the send button. Your friends will be tagged instantly
- The person you tagged will be notified personally that someone from the group “group name” tagged him or her.
How to starred a message on WhatsApp
The starred feature in WhatsApp allows you to bookmark a message you find interesting or educative for easy identification when the need arise. You can also use it to reply or make a reference to an earlier post or comment made by someone in a group chat. Many people only see the feature but don’t know what is use for. Some will not see it, if their WhatsApp is not updated. So we have decided to write this post to highlight some of its uses. Follow the steps below if you want to starred any message on WhatsApp.
- Open your WhatsApp and scroll through your messages to find the one you wish to bookmark.
- Tap on the message and hold to highlight the message.
- Now look at the navigation bar, and tap on the right arrow symbol as shown in the image below.
- After tapping on the symbol, the message will be starred to the person who posted it and it will also be stored in starred messages.
- Whenever you want the message again just Look for the starred message option under the WhatsApp menus and tap on it.
How to change the chat screen background
Sometimes the default WhatsApp background might be boring to you and you may want to change it. The following steps can take you through how to change it and put your own background. You can change the background with any picture you want and to make your background looks more attractive when conversing on WhatsApp.
- Open the app , select a contact to open the chat screen
- Now tap on the menu to display the options
- Tap on wallpaper from the list that appear
- Now a dialog box will appear with options to select the picture you want to make the background.
- After selecting the picture, the preview window will appear for you to set the picture the way you want it.
- Now tap on SET to make it active and that should be all you have successfully changed your chat screen background.
How to back up your conversations to Google drive
If you have important messages on your WhatsApp chat and you don’t want to lose them when the otherwise happens, you can back up your files to the cloud precisely Google drive. Google has given all its service users a free space online to save their files. You don’t have to worry about any security issue since your files will be saved and monitored by Google.
Follow the instructions below to save or backup your files to Google drive
- Open the app and go to options and then settings
- Under setting, locate chats and then look for chat backup
- Tap on the chat backup and a list of backup options will appear, choose the one you want by tapping on it
- After selecting the option, wait for your chats to backup and that’s all. Now you will be able to access your chats any time you need them.
How to disable WhatsApp last seen feature
The last seen option on WhatsApp tells when you came online. This can be used by friends to track your movement on WhatsApp. There are times that you don’t want anyone to know your last seen due to some reasons. This post can help you to disable the feature so that no one can tell when you open your WhatsApp. To deactivate the last seen option follow the steps below.
- Go to settings >privacy last seen
- Tap on the last seen option and it will prompt you to choose the option you want
- To prevent people from seeing your last seen, then select the nobody option
- Now that you have disable the option, no one will be able to see your last seen again until you change it back to everyone option.
How to activate the message pop up notification
WhatsApp message popup notification allows you to get a notification from your WhatsApp, even if you did not open the app. if you don’t want to miss any of your important WhatsApp messages, then, you need to turn on this feature. With the feature turned on, any message sends to you from your WhatsApp friends will pop up on your screen. This means even if the app is closed, you can see your messages and read them in time. To activate this function follow the steps below:
- Go to settings>notification>popup notifications.
- Under the popup notification select always show a popup
- After selecting this option that’s all now you can start receiving notifications from the app.
How to lower the amount of data usage during WhatsApp calls
If you always make calls with your WhatsApp and the data consumption rate is high you can use this tips to minimize it.
- Go to settings>data usage>call settings
- Under the call settings look for low data usage if is not checked, make sure to check it.
- Once you check it, that’s all now the rate of consumption will be minimized whenever you make a call on the app.
You might Also Want To read:How to Fake WhatsApp Conversation to fool your friends
How to stop WhatsApp media auto download
The latest WhatsApp update has come with the auto download feature which is not good for some of the users of the app. The feature allows your App to auto download any media file that has been sent to you on WhatsApp. There are times you don’t want that, but because you have no knowledge of how to stop it, you tend to lose a lot of your data.
The steps below will walk you through how to stop the auto media download and then save you from the extra data consumption.
- Go to settings>data usage>multimedia auto download.
- Here look for the option “when using mobile data”, by default the photo option will be checked, tap on it to uncheck it.
- After unchecking the various options you don’t want, then tap on OK to save the changes.
- That’s all now no media will be downloaded without your approval.
How to change the font size of WhatsApp chat screen
By default, WhatsApp come with a small chat screen font size. But you can change this default font size to the one that best suit you. And to do that, follow the steps below:
- Go to settings>chats>font size
- Tap on the font size to choose the font size you want from the three font size options.
- After choosing your font size tap on OK to save it and that should be done.
How to know whether your friend has blocked you or not
There are times that you message a friend for several days without getting a reply from him or her. Could it be that he or she has blocked you? No problem if those thoughts always runs through your mind whenever such happen. You can use thes tips to find out. The below post will walk you through the simple step-by-step procedure you have to follow to be able to know whether someone has blocked you or not.
- To know if you have been blocked by a friend on WhatsApp try to access the persons last seen history. If you are able to see the last seen then he or she did not block you.
- The second thing that you can use to know whether you have been blocked or not is by looking at the person’s profile picture. If you have been blocked by someone, you will not be able to see his or her profile picture.
- Finally, if you are in WhatsApp group with that person try to see whether he or she is active on that group by monitoring his or her conversations on the group.
Do you find this post helpful? Do you have other WhatsApp feature you want to share with us? Let us know through the comment. Do share this post on Facebook, twitter and Google plus. You can subscribe to our newsletter to get latest updates of our articles.
You May Also Like
Originally posted 2016-09-29 07:55:44.